Apparently, Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates are self-admitted daily dishwashers, surprise, surprise! Who would have ever known these two find this simple task so enjoyable?
- Relieves stress, the warmth of the water is soothing, the smell of the soup is calming. This mundane task gets rid of anxiety because you are problem-solving in the most elementary way, glasses to glasses, dishes to dishes and so forth. Studies show that people who washed dishes upped their feelings of inspiration by 25% and lowered their nervousness levels by 27%.
- Keeps your ego in check, the humbling experience is a task everyone else does as well. You are not competing with anyone.
- It’s the small things that matter like helping in the kitchen. Business leaders are making the hardest decisions and problem solving on a daily basis, so this humble act of service to others without having to challenge your brain is a dopamine booster.
- Intentionality and awareness enhance the state of mindfulness and peace allowing more ideas to enter your mind.
- The chaos of the day melts away because you are in a therapeutic, meditative, calm state. You are allowing the mind and body to focus the attention on breathing as well as the object, shapes of the dishes and the activity.
This is great news for some of us that are celebrating Thanksgiving as this is an activity that will help wear off the food coma and avoid those uncomfortable family discussions.
Sending meditative healing vibes! 💋
Follow me on any of these social media links:
Photo credit: Ralph Lauren silver, D@mi@rte