I hope you all are staying healthy and safe during the Corona Virus outbreak.
Here’s an easy DIY Hand Sanitizer as an alternative to Purell. It smells great, will save you money, and will help fight the cold and flu!
Yield 4 ounces
- 5-10 drops lavender essential oil (where to buy 100% pure lavender EO)
- 30 drops tea tree essential oil (find 100% pure tea tree EO here) Tea tree oil has been found in clinical studies to kill most types of bacteria at a concentration of 0.5-1%.
- 3 ounces high-proof vodka (Everclear), or rubbing alcohol can be substituted
- 1 ounce pure aloe vera gel (where to buy 100% pure aloe vera gel)
- ¼ teaspoon Vitamin E oil (helps soften hands!)
- Add essential oils and Vitamin E oil to a small glass bowl or container and swirl to mix.
- Add alcohol to the oils and swirl again.
- Combine this mixture with the aloe vera gel and mix well, or witch hazel if you want a non gel like substance.
- Shake gently before each use. (Sanitizer should last several months with the addition of Vitamin E and alcohol to help preserve.)
Transfer hand sanitizer to small, clean squirt bottles. Also, use colored bottles like this so the essential oils in the recipe are not exposed to light. Finally, this recipe is perfect for throwing into a purse or a backpack!
Sending healthy vibes! ♥️
Feature photo credit: atlanticpacificblogspot.com