Greetings from snowy New York! ❄️
All my European tour eating took a toll on my body, and I gained a stone of weight as I was eating with reckless abandonment. I had no self-control because the food was insanely good.
To make matters worse, I came back home in a workout slump. I’ve forced myself to take an elevator down to the gym. I know, how lazy am I?
So I began creating a simple yet effective list to motivate myself to exercise and stop making excuses because before you know it summer will arrive.
- Write down a list of all the benefits of a workout, endorphin release, more energy and loss of weight, etc.
- The night before decide what time of the day you will work out the next day and write it on your calendar. This way it holds you accountable.
- Reach out to a motivated fitness friend who will not let you off the hook to work out. Make plans to workout together.
- Sign up for Class Pass it’s a membership app that allows you to access thousands of boutique studios that offer Cycling, Pilates, Yoga, Boxing, Zumba, Barre and more. Membership pricing begins at $45.00 per month – $135.00 depending on how many classes you want to attend. This way you will never get bored going to the same gym every day.
- Make exercise fun by not focusing on your body’s appearance.
Work out for a healthy mind and body. You can get easily discouraged if you only focus on getting a six-pack, or defined arms, etc. Everyone’s body is different, and with time you will get the desired effect. However, focus on how good your body and mind will feel after an awesome burn.
- Book yourself a non-refundable workout class. This is hardcore when you are feeling flakey. I know there is no way you will be parting with your money for a no-show. Last year, I signed up and paid for an SLT class, and I attended the class in the am despite my raging hangover.
What do you do to motivate yourself? Let us know in the comments section.
Sending healthy bikini ready vibes! 💋
Follow me on any of these social media links:
Photo credit: Kristina Antal saved to Practice, Pinterest::BriaAngelique #YoYoYoga-PosesandRoutines