Everyday challenges are inevitable, but if you practice these mind hacks daily it can lead you to the yellow brick road of happiness.
1. Spend time with positive people you love and uplift your heart and soul.
2. Perform one act of kindness a day. This will help your brain immensely.
3. Focus on learning. Try and read one page of a book every day that inspires you and helps you be more positive.
4. Buy experiences not things. Go to a meditation retreat/course, learn a new skill, take on a new hobby or passion. We think things will be the answer but they never are. In the journal Psychological Science, Gilovich and Killingsworth, along with Cornell doctoral candidate Amit Kumar, expanded on the current understanding that spending money on experiences “provides more enduring happiness.”
5. If you humanly can, don’t check your e-mail before bed. One bad e-mail can lead you straight into insomnia nation.
6. Learn to give (without expecting anything in return) and serve others. Bill Harbaugh, an economist at the University of Oregon, put volunteers in a functional MRI scanner (MRI) and then told some volunteers they would sometimes give their earned money to charity, and other times keep it. When people were informed that they would be giving to charity, the areas of their brain associated with pleasure and reward lit up—just like they did when they got to keep it themselves. So, the act of giving is pleasurable. Other fMRI studies have shown that the act of cooperating, or lending support to others, gives us pleasure.
7. Expose yourself to videos, books, people, and ideas that inspire you to become better and help you grow.
8. Every time you notice yourself living on autopilot, start by replacing the negative action with a positive one. It will be difficult as you’ve been conditioned to a certain response but with practice, the right friends and constant learning in this area, you will start to see a shift.
Sending positive love vibes from Cardiff, Whales! 💋
Follow me on any of these social media links:
Photo credit: Cindy, Elle Martinez, Pinterest
Such a inspirational post. Thank you for sharing this. xx
My pleasure! I am happy to hear this today. xx 🤗😘
Ahhh I need to practise some of these. I always try to learn something new each year, do an evening class etc, but I havent signed up for anything this yearI need to! I also need to make more time to read, I miss books! Thanks for sharing x
My pleasure! Yes, this is good for us. Happy International Women’s day! 🤗
Love the positivity in this post! Full of it haha thanks for sharing (:
My pleasure! 🤗
great post. Always enjoy learning new things and checking stuff out. One of the best things about travel!
Thank you! Yes!!!! 😘🤗
Yes so many good ones. I feel like I fail a lot in many of these but i have been trying to hard lol
Lol, yes! We all try, but sometimes stumble. Have a wonderful day! 🤗💋