There have been several theories on what causes a person to be an introvert vs. an extrovert.
One theory states that it is genetic while others say it’s based on stimuli from your external environment.
Here are the different characteristics for each:
- Look at life from the inside out.
- Gain energy through inner reflection and solitude.
- Get more excited by ideas than by external activities.
- Prefer a few deep, close relationships to many casual ones.
- Feel tired and drained after socializing, even if you enjoyed it.
- Listen well and expect others to do the same.
- Think first and talk later.
- Express yourself well in writing.
You can read more about what it means to be an introvert here.
- Be primarily interested in and concerned with the external world.
- Gain energy from socializing and being “out and about.”
- Find your energy is depleted when you spend too much time alone.
- Prefer talking with someone rather than sitting alone and thinking.
- Think as you speak.
- Express yourself well verbally.
- May seem “always on the go.”
- May come across as confident, friendly, and assertive.
You can read more about what it means to be an extrovert here.
Take this Introvert or Extrovert Quiz to find out which one are you.
Have a look at these charts to properly care for each trait:
Sending relaxing Saturday vibes! 💋
Follow me on any of these social media links:
Photo credits: fast company.com, Tom Ford campaign SS2011