Tis the season for Pomegranate! This fountain of youth fruit is an instant skin booster that has been shown to:
- Protect the skin against ultraviolet-A and B radiation which promotes wrinkle formation and increases the risks of skin cancers.
- Nourishes skin cells and helps them regenerate to heal better.
- Promote collagen formation thanks to its vitamin C content – this delays skin sagging and wrinkling.
- The oil from the seeds found in the fruit helps strengthen the epidermis (outer layer of your skin), which reduces wrinkles.
- Helps clear acne prone skin, pomegranates are a rich source of vitamin C which regulates the production of sebum, an oily substance secreted by your skin, and which is the main cause of pimples.
- Helps in the growth of fibroblasts (which basically are the cells that produce elastin and collagen) and ensure that you skin remains soft and supple.
- A superhero against age spots and evens out hyperpigmentation skin
- It is even rich with omega 3 fatty acid that is helpful for skin cells regeneration, it works best for scars or skin wounds.
For years, I did not eat this super fruit because I was discouraged and lazy to deseed it until I saw this quick and easy “how to” video, have a look!
Follow me on any of these social media links:
Photo credit: Tom Ford eyewear, Pinterest