Yes, I am back with another dating trend this week, Cushioning.
Urban Dictionary defines cushioning as “a dating technique where, along with your main piece, you also have several ‘cushions,’ other people you’ll chat and flirt with to cushion the potential blow of your main breakup and not leave you alone.”
This behavior has been going on since the beginning of time, but now we give lousy dating etiquette names.
This coward way of dealing with uncertain feelings about your SO stems from deep unresolved emotional and intimacy issues that go beyond the scope of comprehension.
It’s a blinking red flag that your relationship is headed into a dead-end.
Look out for these signs to ensure you are not with a Cushioner:
1. Taking the phone to the bathroom
2. Being shady with several messenger accounts
3. Becomes defensive if you tell them they are on the phone for too long.
4. Their phone is blowing up at all hours
5. Always takes calls away from you
6. Sliding into other’s DM
7. Marathon texts, this person offers no explanation
8. Super protective of the phone as if it needs to be joined at the hip
9. Opposite sex individuals that you do not know commenting with inside jokes on their social media posts
I, unfortunately, have been with a Cushioner and its the worst feeling because you sense that something is up, but you cannot pinpoint what it is then you end up in a bad head space.
Trust your gut as it will never lead you astray.
Sending love vibes! 💋
Follow me on any of these social media links:
Photo credit: Photobucket on Pinterest