Adult coloring books are all the rage right now as studies show there is a plethora of benefits.
The famous crayon makers just launched a set of markers, colored pencils and a collection of adult coloring books, Coloring Escapes, last month.
Here’s why you should pick up a book, a crayon, or two and start scribbling:
- Reduces anxiety
- Creates focus
- Allows you to be in a state of mindfulness
- Your brain enters a meditative state
- Negative thoughts are banished
- Mental social media detox
- Blocks out your negative chattering uninvited roommate in your head
- Keeps worries at bay
- Reminds us of childhood when life was simple
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Difficulties of life evaporate from our awareness, and both our bodies and our brains may find this rewarding.
Furthermore, according to Piedmont Healthcare states that as you “relax, your brain lowers activity in the amygdala, which is responsible for our fight-or-flight stress response that can lead to inflammation.”
Have you tried coloring lately?
Have a fabulous weekend!
Follow me on any of these social media links: