Pumpkin Spice is taking over our lives. Everywhere you go there’s pumpkin something, candles, donuts, Fabreze pumpkin air freshener, ice cream, lattes; it’s endless. Therefore, I decided to give into our love for all things pumpkin for pre-Halloween bash skin.
Pumpkin is packed with fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which increases cell turnover, to brighten and smooth the skin. Pumpkin contains antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging.
Here’s a pro approved recipe from the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, California.
What you’ll need:
- Pureed, cooked fresh or canned pumpkin
- Unflavored yogurt
- Ground almonds
- Olive oil
- Start by mixing 2 cups of pureed, cooked fresh or canned pumpkin.
- Add 4 tablespoons unflavored yogurt, 4 tablespoons honey, 1/3 cup ground almonds, 1/4 teaspoon olive oil.
- Mix and apply to clean, moist skin.
- The enzymes are more active when moist, so sit in a warm tub or shower for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove with a clean washcloth.
- Apply moisturizer and enjoy soft clean dewy skin!
- Cover the rest of the mixture and use within a week.
Sending beauty vibes 💋
Follow me on any of these social media links:
Photo credits: Pinterest and She Knows.com for the recipe