Hope you had a fabulous weekend!
Last week I came across this informative post from one of my favorite beauty and lifestyle blogger Esther of Finding Beauty and in The Middle East, which I had to share as we are entering summer, and its always good to have a DIY go to mask at home.
After digging through Google to find a natural face mask that I’ve never tried, I came across a few that I could give a go. Out five potentials, I had to choose one that was not only simple, but readily available in my kitchen, and that’s how a DIY flaxseed face mask ended up on my face.
I don’t eat flaxseeds on a daily basis, but I keep them around just in case I need them, like when I crave a bowl of steaming hot oats, and I have to sprinkle them in there for some fancy health purposes. Anyway, I came up with a simple DIY flaxseed face mask that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, and one that I’m sure you’ll find it easy to whip up and use.
What you’ll need for your flaxseed face mask
Well, you might be shocked, because all you’ll need is;
- Half cup of whole flaxseeds
- 2 cups of water
- A plastic container with a lid
How to prepare the DIY Flaxseed face mask
- In a small cooking pot, bring the water to boil.
- Add the flaxseeds.
- Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes while stirring.
- Put aside and cover with a lid until it cools down. To quicken the process you can cool it in the fridge.
- Gently cleanse your face and dry it with a clean towel.
- After the flaxseed mixture has cooled, strain it and discard the seeds.
- Pour about an eighth of the flaxseed-water into a smaller container to use immediately, then store the rest in the fridge for future use. The consistency of the flaxseed-water (the mask) will have a gooey or egg-like consistency, so don’t be alarmed.
- Apply the mask on your freshly cleansed face using gentle massages.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes (I stayed with mine for more than two hours while cleaning the house).
- Rinse it off with warm water, then apply your favorite serum and/or moisturizer.
I did not know what to expect after the DIY flaxseed face mask, so I was pretty curious. First, I noticed a subtle glow, which was pretty awesome. This meant that I’ll need to apply it again after a couple of days, most likely in the evening before bed while having a glass of something red (so that I don’t count the minutes). Second, I realized my facial pores had drastically tightened, and that really surprised me and my poor face.
Side note: When the gooey flaxseed mask dries up while it’s on your face, you’ll feel a tightening sensation, and I would like to think that this contributes to skin tightening and lifting, which is a good thing. But to see any real results, you’ll probably have to apply the mask at least twice a week for several weeks.
With that out of the way, here are some more benefits of flaxseeds for skin
- Flaxseeds are like a natural form of Botox. If you use the above DIY flaxseed face mask regularly, chances are your wrinkles and fine lines will begin to diminish. As for me, I’m a Botox lover (I get a dose twice a year), so that benefit doesn’t apply to me.
- If your face is prone to breakouts, then this mask will do wonders for you. Flaxseeds, according to some studies, regulate the production of sebum, hence reducing future outbreaks. So, don’t take this mask lightly.
- Since flaxseeds are rich in omega 3, they are good at moisturizing the skin, and we all know a well-moisturized skin stays younger for longer. This moisturizing power also gives life to dull skin, and I think that’s why I ended up with a glow.
Have you ever tried a DIY flaxseed face mask or any other home-made face mask? How did you prepare it, and did it do wonders for your skin?
Let us know in the comments below!
Sending beauty vibes! 💋
Photo credit: Pinterest
Wonderful! Thank you for sharing, dear Ingrid 💕
My pleasure! 😍 xx
Thank you so much for the ❤️…
My pleasure 😇 xx 💋
Okay that’s it! I have to try this mask myself! Super easy to make and I cannot beat those benefits with other masks that were store bought lol
😉 Let me know how you like it. 🥰 xx
Brilliant! Thank you for sharing!❤️
😉 my pleasure 😇 xx