Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!
One of my favorite lifestyle, health, spiritual, and nutrition bloggers Tamara Hoerner of the Purple Almond posted this over the weekend, and I thought it was perfect to start your week!
The Dalai Lama
“I describe happiness in a sense of more satisfaction. Happiness is not necessarily some pleasure experience, but a neutral experience that can bring deep satisfaction.”
So what does it take to be truly happy? Peace of mind. Here are a few of his wise words…
- Have a warm heart – This reduces the bad feelings we have toward other people. It also reduces the amount of distrust we carry with us. Be open.
- Don’t label yourself as “special” – The Dalai Lama doesn’t put himself on a pedestal or label himself as anything special. He doesn’t feel better than anyone else simply because he is “The Dalai Lama” or a “Nobel Laureate”. If you do this, if you put yourself on a pedestal, you make yourself a prisoner. “I simply consider I am one of the 7 billion human beings. We are mentally, emotionally, and intellectually the same.”
- Satisfaction is within you – You reap what you sow…if you do negative things, you’ll get negative consequences. If you do positive things, you get positive consequences. If you make others happy, you’ll benefit from that.
- There’s a lot to be happy about, if you just look for it. –
- Friendship is essential – We have been taught to fear everyone and everything, which interferes with our nature as social animals. With friendship comes trust. Fear and trust contradict each other. If you fear you cannot trust, and cannot develop friendship.
- Loneliness is a mental attitude – You can be surrounded by an entire city of people and still feel lonely. A self-centered attitude, no sense of love, too much competition, too much jealousy, all leads back to distrust, which brings frustration and fear. This creates an automatic sense of loneliness.
- Pledge to yourself to become a new person
Sending happy zen vibes! 💋
About the Blogger
Is a student at Hawthorn University working toward a Master of Science in Health and Nutrition Education.
For Tamara health isn’t just about food it’s about living a positive, happy, healthy life.Tamara believes in using anything that relieves stress and heals the body, including mediation, yoga, music, laughter, inspiration and helping others. You’ll find all these included in her blog as well. Click here to follow Tamara.
Photo credit: Eslamoda.com
This is beautiful and so true. It’s all in our mind, what makes us happy and to show gratitude…and be kind of course. Easier said than done.
Friendship is essential! Absolutely agree 💕
Yes! It’s like water. 💋 xx
Great way to start on a Monday – thank you! 💗
You are most welcome! 😘
Love, love, love this!❤️
Thank you! 😍
I love his teachings. I do my best to live a happy life everyday