There will be a time in your life when you will become lonely. Whether it’s a post break up, moving to a new city, or going to college it seems that we all succumb to loneliness. There are are myriad of things that you can do to help ward off this feeling. Here’s some simple steps to tackle loneliness like a savage:
- Volunteer at a charity, helping others allows you to shift focus from yourself and it allows you to see how lucky you are to be in the position of helping.
- Watch motivational, life coach, or positive You Tube videos. It will reprogram your brain into a sea of positive knowledge. The time will go by fast, trust me.
- Workout, hot yoga, or any class that keeps you engage enough to produce endorphins
- Attend seminars, whether it’s for your business, work, or life coach. Attending a seminar will allow you to meet like minded individuals while you gain some knowledge
- Spend time with happy friends. If you spend time with a lonely friend it’s not healthy because you will both be in the same misery boat complaining about an issue that can be resolved by shifting your focus.
- Take a trip, or a staycation. Sometimes you just need to check out of life in order to reconnect with yourself while gathering your thoughts.
- Adopt a pet, you will be surprised how much happier you will nurturing an animal that only needs attention, food and love. Best part is that you will be receiving unconditional love, which is the best kind of love one can ever receive.
Virtual hugs to all of you.