I just discovered this amazing herb in powder form while being laid up with a torn knee ligament. I was searching the web for anti inflammatory herbs.
Ashwagandha is known as the Ginseng of India. It has a wide range of benefits such as reducing inflammation, arthritis, astma, hypertension, stress, rheumatism diabetes as well as helps fight cancer.
The beauty benefits are as follows:
- Stimulates DHEA, which is a precursor to both testosterone and estrogen, it stimulates the production of natural skin oils. It also promotes the production of vital compounds and proteins for healthy skin such as hyaluronan for skin hydration, elastin to keep the skin supple and collagen for skin strength.
- Used in shampoos, Ashwagandha is believed to help improve scalp circulation and strengthen the hair, as well as help get rid of dandruff. It also appears to stimulate production of melanin, the pigment responsible for the color of your hair. So, it may actually reverse greying of hair, whoa now thats a game changer. It also reduces the cortisol in your body thus preventing your hair from falling.
- Contains high levels of antioxidants that savage the free radicals to fight the signs of aging like wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines and blemishes. It also protects from skin cancer.
- Is useful for treating keratosis, a condition that leads to rough and dry skin. Consume three grams of ashwagandha with water twice a day to get rid of this skin condition.
- Ashwagandha contains steroidal compounds that can increase the estrogen levels in the body. DHEA and estrogen help in keeping the skin youthful by stimulating the collagen production and increasing the natural skin oils.
- It’s great for acne because it is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and aids in wound healing (bye-bye redness!). If you have been trying to dry your skin out, Ashwagandha could also help you combat dryness because it’s moisturizing.
I am currently still laid up til late July. As for the inflmmation, I am taking 1/2 a teaspoon of the powder a day mixed in green juice. I am happy to report that the inflmmation was gone after a couple of days.
Feel free to try it and let me know your experience.