A little over six months ago, I began to Jade Roll , and I was ecstatic with the results which led me to Gua Sha aka face scraping.
The practice of Gua Sha comes from Traditional Chinese Medicine and dates back to the Ming Dynasty (1368 – 1644) when they used jade stones to scrape the skin all over the body to treat diseases. This process is believed to stimulate blood circulation to the muscles, tissues, and organs; detoxing the body of stagnating “qi” reducing stiffness, pain, and increasing mobility.
Gua Sha has been dubbed the “Eastern Face Lift” or “Eastern Botox,” for its abilities to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, plump, tighten and rejuvenate skin; even decrease dark under-eye circles and puffiness.
Also, Gua Sha helps in the following ways:
- It reduces acne, rosacea, and blemishes on the skin,
- With repeated treatments, it can significantly reduce wrinkles,
- Gua sha Firms up sagging of the face and neck
- It combats the formation of bags and dark circles under the eyes,
- Promotes a more radiant complexion
- Diminishes age spots and skin discoloration
- Gua sha facilitates the drainage of lymphatic fluid from face and neck.
So I gave it a try for seven weeks and here are my results with no filter, unaltered pics:
Just right before week 7, I had a Sculptra treatment, but that will not take full effect until another four weeks. As you can see, week seven my skin is flawless with a smooth texture.
Here is how to do it:
The Gua Sha $18.00 is so effective yet inexpensive that you just can’t go wrong to give it a try.
Sending beauty vibes! 💋
Follow me on any of these social media links: