There’s a saying “if you are not happy where you are now, you won’t be happy when you become successful.” I forgot who said this quote, but I often have this saying in my head playing on repeat.
People often think that when they achieve a materialistic goal, right partner, higher paying job, owning a home, or a successful business they will be happy. Unfortunately, you are the same person with, or without the labels of success dealing with the same unresolved issues that haunt your mind.
Your brain will perform at its highest level when you are happy, which leads to success.
Here are some tools to take you to the next level:
- Practicing being grateful and appreciative for everything, even breathing. The more you perform this task the easier it becomes.
- You are enough, don’t compare yourself to others. I know its difficult with social media, but you have other talents and gifts that are unique to your being.
- Focus on enjoying the process of whatever task you are working on instead of the outcome. Students are guilty of this example because they focus on the grade and not on the actual college experience of meeting long lasting friends, being away from home, or enjoying their youth.
- Don’t fall for the social scripts! Move through time at your own pace. I have friends in their 30’s running around panicking to get pregnant because they think their biological clock will end. Ladies, there are plenty of ways to get pregnant through modern science, don’t live in fear and despair.
- Rewire your brain to see the positives in any situation. For example, you can be running late to work then you begin to beat yourself up. Perhaps, it’s best that you were late because you could have been in an accident, or some other unfortunate event. The universe is always conspiring to help you. Believe that the system is rigged to work for you not against you.
Daily decisions affect tomorrow’s reality.
Follow me on any of these social media links:
Photo credit: RealityTVfashion.com
Well said! Being grateful is one of the things I’m working on. I really want to do it daily before I go to sleep, sort of like a “count your blessings” exercise. 🙂
Yes, good. So many crazy natural disasters happening now. Everyday is a blessing.